Monday, June 17, 2013

John McCain Called Me a “Jerk!”

John McCain Called Me a “Jerk!”
I am in Nova Scotia at the Halifax International Security Forum, and I asked the former Presidential hopeful a question at a press conference.
“Jamie McIntyre.  You probably remember, me from my years a small cable outfit out of Atlanta Georgia…” I said.
“We remember you well, you jerk,” McCain shot back with a playful smirk on his face.
“That the ultimate Sen. McCain compliment,” chimed in Sen. Mark Udall, who was standing by McCain’s side at the podium.
Having known Senator McCain for years, and well aware of his sense of humor, I, of course, took no offense.
But afterward a colleague came up to me with a shocked look on her face,  “Why did he call you a jerk?” she asked incredulously.
I explained he really DID mean it as a term of endearment, not a slam.
But then I began to think about how things look different in transcripts, if you miss the wink of the eye, the sly smile.   And before anyone gets the wrong idea, I thought a better set the record straight.
He was joking.
Oh, and after getting his butt kicked by Barack Obama,  McCain is a “loser.”
And I mean that in the nicest way.  ;-)
Jamie McIntyre, John McCain, Halifax Nova Scotia, Nov. 20, 2009 -
Jamie McIntyre, John McCain, Halifax Nova Scotia, Nov. 20, 2009 —
Tags: , , ,
+1
RovingReporter · 186 weeks ago
Aaaah those charming political terms of endearment ... wonder what he calls his wife?
-1
Bill · 186 weeks ago
Coming from the moron that picked Sarah Palin as a running mate, it sure is a compliment.
+1
Dan · 186 weeks ago
You are no jerk, Jamie
+1
janice · 186 weeks ago
Touché!
0
Guest · 179 weeks ago
We I'm interested what you called him in that small cable outfit? I would think he would be nice if you were nice..
+1
Larry · 179 weeks ago
Well, truth be told Jamie. You are a jerk.

No comments:

Post a Comment